Friday, June 5, 2009

Our beach getaway

We just happen to have beach front property--okay, really it's a few blocks away....and the beach is on a lake...but you get the idea.  I am LOVING having this "beach" so close to our house!  The sand is white and soft--the water is clear is cool--it's no Gulf of Mexico (sigh), but it's about as close as I can get around here!
The kids could seriously play in the sand for hours on end.  Thank you to Jen--who got Bridger buckets and shovels for his birthday--now I can work on my tan! :)
Yesterday, my sister came over and we took a canoe out on the lake--rowed around--parked at the beach--went for a wade--got back in and rowed back.  It was great fun!  
I just love the look of this pier too--would make for great pictures--I tried--this is all I could get--one cute massive fuzz ball with a pink blanket...

Is she wearing a cat collar you ask?  Why, yes.  It's not a form of abusive or a tracking device--my kids just love to pretend that they're cats.  Although a leash isn't that bad of an idea.....nevermind.


The mountain backdrop is my favorite!  It makes me missing my home beach worthwhile.  I'm sure we will be coming here at least two or three times a week--I'd love for anyone to join me!

And last but not least--look what I found Bridger doing the other day....little strumpet!  Caught him walking up and down the sidewalk wearing my big black boots with the stiletto heel.  


post signature

17 comments:

Naoma said...

Love the cat collar and the boots!! Too cute. I wanna try the canoe thing sometime, maybe next time.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Thank for the invitation, I wanta go. The shoes were so funny.

dream quilt create said...

Hilarious! I laughed the whole time....I'm still smiling! The beach almost exactly like the really thing. What a bonus. My favorites are the pink fuzzball and the stilletos.

Auntie Lolo said...

The beach looks really good frankly!! And the picture of Bridger with boots has made my day. I will never forget being on the phone with you when you discovered him doing that. Wow.

Elena said...

Love it. And I'm a bit jealous. We'll have to join you one day. Those kids are so cute.

Melissa said...

Can I just say how jealous I am....that would be so awesome to live so close to such fun surroundings!! I may have to take you up on your offer to visit and play at the lake some time. It looks like you guys had a great time. Just when I think Bridger could not make me laugh any harder than he already has, he goes and wears your stiletto boots. That picture got me laughing so hard. He is so funny! I love all the pictures, they are way cute! :)

The Kohler Family said...

I'm just going to jump on the bandwagon...I love it! Love the beach, love the boots!! Sooo funny!

Lindz said...

Oh my gosh...that is really in your neighborhood?? It's so pretty...I love the pier!! And how nice to have some water nearby! And the mountain with snow is such a pretty backdrop...makes me miss Utah! Oh and I'm glad that my boy is not the only way that strikes a pose in Mommy's shoes sometimes! LOL!

sinika said...

So I think the book of Bridgerisms you are going to write needs to have the stiletto picture and the first pic of his birthday post on the cover. They wrap up his funny personality!! When it's warm let's have a picnic on your beach. Or will it be too sandy? Picnic, then beach. I'm there. :)

Kenzy said...

I wish I could convince Micah to move out there. I'm so jealous of your lake and beach. What cute kids you have.

loven it! said...

that looks so fun! i'll have to go with you sometime. so did your kids get the cat thing from my kids?? they love to play like they are cats. that is so funny! love your blog font on the titles! awesome!! one day i'll pay you to make me something fabulous!

loven it! said...

did you really take that photo workshop? it looks cool! let me know if you liked it! i might take one!

Elisabeth said...

So pretty out there. Do they have fish in the lake? We've been wanting to check it out up that way.

Kara said...

Okay, I am in to meet at the lake, my kids would LOVE IT! but I will have to insist on Bridger wearing those boots there :) Loved them!

Rachel said...

I love the beach! It's beautiful. You're still in Utah, right??? And, who looks better in the boots, you or Bridger?

Bethany C. said...

I'm totally in for the beach! When are you going next? Grant would probably love to see Bridger again. :)

Emilee said...

I can't believe Bridger touched a real alligator! Yikes! Looks like you guys had such a fun time. I bet it was great to see your parents.