Monday, January 4, 2010

I need a raise.

Bridger found this old shirt of mine in the mountain of laundry on our bedroom floor.  He came downstairs with it and quite accusingly asked my why I had never told him that I used to work at a place like this.  We had the following conversation:

"Mom!  Why didn't you tell me you used to have a job like this!  Why don't you still work here?"

           "I used to work there, making snowcones, when I was a teenager, but you are my job now."

"Well, I think you should go back to work there.  Daddy can stay home with us."

           {oh, sure.  I'm thinking this would be the 'perfect' life for him--unlimited lego playing time with dad        and unlimited free snow cones.  Who does this kid think he is?}

           "Well, I would miss you too much.  I would rather be with you and Kennedy than making snow           cones."

"Then why don't you just take us with you?"

            {this deal just keeps getting better and better for him.....}


I proceeded to tell him about all of my jobs:  Sonic Drive-In, Old Navy, a Japanese restaraunt manager, Cafeteria Lady at Riverton High School, Substitute Teacher, Musical Theater after school program, Summer Camp Leader, Homeless Resource Assistant.....he was VERY amused.  I think I redeemed myself to him.  He especially loved that I worked at Sonic--it's one of his favorites.  And he laughed out loud when I said I was a cafeteria lady--a position that makes me laugh out loud too :)

But in the end, he's still stuck with me.  I wouldn't have any other way.


post signature

9 comments:

Melissa said...

How cute!! That would sound like the best job ever!

I can not believe how many different and interesting jobs you have had. You have experienced it all!!

I hope Bridger one day knows how lucky he is to have you for a mom!! I am sure he will.

lindsey v said...

I didn't know you worked at Riverton High! (All right, I didn't know you had any of those jobs.) Some day I will be a lunch lady. Seriously, I do want to. Short hours - holidays off - summers off - get to sneak a peek at my kids during school hours - someday...

Lindz said...

What a cute conversation!! Your kids are so lucky to have you at home with them every day! How cute that he wanted you to go to work and Jeremy to stay home!! =)

The Kohler Family said...

You need to start a "Bridger says" blog...TOo funny!! Last night Rylee was complaining that she didn't want to read and I made the mistake of telling her that if she didn't continue to practice reading that she would work at McDonalds her whole life...she said to me, "so all the people that work at McDonalds don't know how to read?" Um....woops!

dream quilt create said...

What a cute story! By the way, your blog is getting prettier and prettier....I love your name at the bottom and the fonts.

The Bruce Family said...

Such a cute story . You are very lucky to be able to stay home with your kids and they are soooo lucky to have you home with them.

Kara said...

You are just WAY to cute to be a lunch lady! But I love Bridger stories, they always make me laugh!

Naoma said...

That Hawaiian shaved ice is the BEST stuff on earth! Mmmmmm wish you worked there still for the discount!! hahaha no but seriously fun hearing about your old jobs, love that you were a lunchlady... makes me smile. We do got to get together SOON!

Auntie Lolo said...

This was your best blog ever. Seriously. LOVED IT. :)