Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

Happy Father's Day to Jeremy and to our two wonderful dads!

I cannot express in words how lucky and blessed I am to have Jeremy, such a wonderful father. He does so much to serve our family. When he gets home from work, he takes over changing diapers and doing dishes. He is great about putting Bridger to bed (it's quite the routine some nights...) and Kennedy adores him! When he comes home from work, Bridger, Kennedy and our cat hear the garage door open and they all run (or crawl) to the door. They are each greeted--Scout wants a rub down, Bridger wants to talk ("what should we talk about...hmmm..let's talk about airplanes. My favorite ones are blue. What's yours?") and Kennedy wants to plant a big wet one on him. We love him so much and hope he knows how much he is appreciated!


I am also lucky to have such a wonderful father. My dad, Ricky, is a great example to me. He taught me how to work and how to be honest and how to set and achieve goals. He is naturally just a little bit competitive.... :) so it was fun growing up trying to beat him in sports or achievements. He usually won in a race, but there were a few times when he had to fake a sprained ankle or pull me back just so he could get ahead. :) He's probably the world's best wrestler. I remember the first time I invited Jeremy over while we were dating, we walked in and my dad was sitting on the floor with my younger brother. You wouldn't know it unless you looked closely, but my dad had my (6 foot) brothers feet and hands tangled together with one arm. I know that's hard to visualize, but my brother was completley immobile. Although, looking back--this was probably a calculated scare tactic on Jeremy's behalf (lol)!My dad has worked really hard for our family and has made a lot of sacrifices for us. I love him and hope he knows how much!
I am equally lucky to have such a wonderful father-in-law, Alan. I have the best in-laws in the world--they are amazing. I have never heard Alan say an unkind word about someone and I have never seen him without a smile on his face (or a diet coke in his hand...) :) He loves his family is such a great granpa too. Bridger loves hearing stories about how Grandpa is converting big trucks into Natural Gas Vehicles (in fact, now all of the trucks in Bridger's room run on natural gas..at least that's what he says...). I love how Alan can't turn down a cookie (because neither can I) and how the candy jars in their house are always filled (one in each room, in fact, Bridger loves this too and so will Kennedy!) I am thankful that he raised such a great son (and two daughters--they are amazing and are also great examples to me). We love you! Happy Fathers Day!

3 comments:

Auntie Lolo said...

Great Post!! I love all three of these men!! Jeremy is such a great father to your kids!! And considering your dad used to be my stake president, I guess he's okay too. j/k :) I have always enjoyed your dad's "family counsels" which seemed to always involve something that I did wrong...Taking the kids to the druggies house down the road (it was not THAT big of a deal) :) ...And Alan is fabulous!! I frankly love that he loves diet coke, a man after my own heart!!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday today! Hope you have a great day!! Thanks again for watching my kids yesterday. My house is very grateful to be clean again!

Rick said...

Such kind words from a loving daughter. One that I am so proud of. She and Jeremy will be better parents than I could ever be. This is my hope and prayer for all of my children. All evidence to date suggests that this is indeed the case. By the way, I will never admit defeat...your mother told me I had to let the kids win once in a while!!!