Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Donut Falls

We did this hike on Saturday and I am still sore!!! Holy cow--I carried Bridger up a mountain on my back--Jeremy is so mean to me.... Just kidding, actually he let me carry the empty backpack (cause Bridger usually never wants to be carried) but then Bridger remembered that my backpack had a camel-back in it, so he wanted to ride and I insisted that Jeremy not trade me. :) Geez, that kid (especially after all the water he drank...) felt like a horse on my back!




Then, while he was still on, I pretended like I was going to jump off a big rock--he got scared and decided he couldn't trust me--so he got off and walked the rest of the way (with the occasional water stop). Thank goodness!!!
It was so pretty up there--we didn't make it all the way to Donut Falls but we had a great time playing in the water--it was so pretty and really nice weather--but there were a lot of ice chunks in the water--so my mom broke off an icicle and made us all take a lick (does that suprise anyone???) :)









We had a great time crossing through the "river"--it was pretty shallow and so it was fun balancing on all of the logs--Bridger even gave it a try (and got his feet soaked in the process!!)















Here we are for another water break--I was so afraid my back was going to get all wet (if you know what I mean.....) but luckily Bridger held it--and took a hefty bathroom break by a tree. He is becoming a man.... :) And for those of you who may be concerned---don't be. We made sure not to contaminate the water.



It was a fun hike--thanks mom for coming with us!





3 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like fun! I love seeing pics from all the hikes you guys have gone on. I am so impressed with Bridger too.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

You guys are so cool, you remind me of my son in law Kevin and my grandsons Jackson and Max. I really loved Bridger not trusting you. That's something so sure Jackson would do.

That is so need you mom went.

Auntie Lolo said...

Dude.....do you ever just sit around? I mean seriously??!! You know I love ya.