Our beloved purple airplane (not sure of technical name) was laid to rest Thursday evening at 6:25 p.m. Having been lovingly and painstakingly handcrafted by the pilot (for weeks on end), it is understandable that grief has overcome this family. This airplane was the cause of great joy on many family outings--After flying for approximately 3 minutes, the airplane rammed into the batting fence, full speed ahead. We are not sure of the exact cause of death, but think it may have something to do with the depth perception of the pilot. This a
irplane leaves behind a distraught and frustrated pilot and two very sad (and confused) children
irplane leaves behind a distraught and frustrated pilot and two very sad (and confused) childrenWe are not sure when the pilot will be returning to the runway, but therapists are working round the clock to get him back in peak flying condition.
Meanwhile, Bridger has been ecstatic about finally being able to "touch" the airplane and even "run" with it....
We will leave with some pictures from the last few minutes of this airplanes life--including but not limited to-the fence that resulted in it's untimely demise....



On a side note--after this gruesome crash--the pilot was given a prompt lecture (by this three year old son): "you have to be very very careful, Dad."






7 comments:
My Sympathies for your loss
My regrets as well....poor, poor, poor Jeremy. I guess Bridger said it best. Poor, poor, poor,confused children. Love the picture of Bridger holding the airplane.
What a great obituary! Poor Jeremy. I'm sure he's devestated :)
That's hilareous, Bridger probably likes it better now. He get's to play with it now. I love his words of advice to his dad.
I love the way you write Lindsay! Too funny... though I do feel bad for Jer, our deepest sympathies and hopefully with time and counseling he will be in the air again in no time. =)
Poor Deputy Dawg, is he going to be able to get past this? I have some words of advice....Tough times don't last, but tough DAWGS do. I hope it helps.
We have had a similar loss was well, maybe the pilot at our house can go to therapy with your pilot! They can heal together.
Post a Comment