Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star


A week ago we were able to go down to Thanksgiving Point to check out their Star Party.  It's always risky doing something past their bedtime...but it was worth it :)


As soon as we got there I thought I'd try to snap a few cute pictures of these crazy kids.  I love this one of the three of them--it was the best out of 20.  Usually Bridger or Kennedy would be in a huge daze--and even though they may have thought they were looking at the camera--they weren't (refer to the first picture!)  I'd say "LOOK AT ME!"  (I know you're not supposed to say that--but I do anyway) and they would only raise their eyebrows higher and higher.  Their eyes would get bigger, but they would never actually look.  And saying that there's a "dinosaur on my head" worked for the first 5 times...it doesn't work so well anymore.


ANYWAY...

Here are some of the awesome telescopes that we were able to look through.  Just don't touch them!  If you touched them, one of the professional astrologers would swiftly walk over with his high pitched nervous laugh and "casually" ask you not to touch.  Thankfully...it never happened to us.  But it happened to the lady in front of us (a few different times) and I was embarrassed for her...



When you first walk into the garden, they have this cool scale of our solar system (of which Pluto was kicked out of--for those of us who learned differently in elementary school...)  It shows distance and size and there are cool little facts for each planet.  Since my kids are completely obsessed with natural disasters, they were fascinated by the fact that Neptune has many water tornado's (don't quote me on this...it could have been another planet...I can't really remember...)




Oh my Charlotte!  I love the blue sky background in the first picture...



Here they are--CAREFULLY looking through the telescope.  DON'T BUMP IT!  I was a little jumpy--I didn't want a fake "nice" lecture from one of those scientists.


This is what we saw:  


Isn't the moon amazing???  We also saw Venus--but it was only a thumbnail view.  I could have stared at the moon for hours--looking for footprints, or maybe the American Flag


But, ultimately we had to leave.  For this reason.  She just wouldn't stop.  But, we love her anyway :)  She just needs lots of beauty sleep--and only her crib will suffice!  However, we learned a lot about the solar system and I feel that our kids are very enlightened on the topic.  Yeah for us! :)

post signature

7 comments:

Tifani said...

This looks so fun! What a great night out!

dream quilt create said...

Sounded like a lot of fun. But forget the activity, I loooooooved the pictures of the kids. Can you email me the photo of the three of them together? Just can't have enough pictures. I have put my mother's day pictures all over the house and Dad's office:) Thank you ♥

Naoma said...

Sounds like a fun, educational evening. Cute pictures too!

scott, natalie and kids said...

That is exactly what my daughter Addy does in all her pictures! It drives me crazy! If you have any ideas that work let me know. She doesn't fall for the spider on my head anymore either!

The Blairs said...

You always find the coolest things to do. I would've loved that and so at least a couple of my kids would have too.

You're kids are adorable. I love the one of all three of them.

Next time you find one of these fun things to do, let me know!

Melissa said...

That sounds like a cool family outing! Those telescopes look awesome, and your kids look so cute as always!!

Kelli said...

Hey Linds!
Your family is the cutest!
Bridger just never seems to change, but your Kennedy seems to just grow and grow and grow.
And Charlotte, wow, what a doll :)

I just went through your list of blogs and copied and pasted and copied and pasted to mine. I lost all the blog addresses I had!