Friday, October 8, 2010

My girls


While window shopping with my friend Kara, we found this ADORABLE Halloween fabric--it's got pink in it!  I just knew that I needed to make a dress (or two) out of it for my two girls.  It's funny though, I'm not used to having two girls.  I only got enough fabric to make one dress--but I luckily had plenty to do two.


We had a mini photo shoot out on the front porch with all of our pumpkins and the "dog with wings--he likes it when you pet him on the back" says Kennedy.  It was a perfect Halloween over cast day.  Charlotte was in a wonderful mood for pictures.  I took one perfect picture...and then my battery died.  Uggh!  I hate it when that happens!  So we went inside and waited...and waited...hoping Kennedy wouldn't mess up her hair and Charlotte wouldn't get grumpy.  Luckily, it worked out :)



I just love these big brown eyes!  She turns 6 months old tomorrow. (SIGH!!!)  And she's finally gotten rid of her "man hair".  Now it's just all over fuzziness--and it's brown too.  Brown hair and brown eyes and statement eyebrows :) she is just so cute!






And then there's Kennedy--she's been a crack up lately!  First of all, she wouldn't stop kissing the pumpkins.  I tried to let her be natural and do what she wanted, but I finally had to tell her to stop.  It got so bad at one point that I even had to count to three...yikes!


She is such a doll and such a princess--but not in a spoiled "I-get-everything-I-want-way".  I overheard Bridger yesterday telling her that "you're a princess!  Princesses never have to do anything--they always let their princes do it for them!"  (he was picking up a crayon she dropped on the floor--that kid's going to make a great husband :) )



Separately they were great to photograph.  Together....not so much.

There was straw eating.


And more straw eating.


Strangling Hugging.


And no one looked when I told them to.

At least not at the same time...


But there was lots of love. 



Charlotte can do no wrong in Kennedy's eyes.  If she pulls her hair, slimes her favorite princess, wipes her nose on her favorite blanket or screams non stop--it doesn't matter--Kennedy just says "oh, that's okay!"

Everytime a picture of Charlotte comes up on the computer--Kennedy lets out a loud "Uggghhh! Charlie is sooo cute!"  And then proceeds to shake her head back and forth trying to compute Charlotte's ridiculous amounts of cuteness.

Then there are the petnames.  There have been thousands.  Here is a short list:

Babe
Charlotte-babe
precious darling
cutie pie
milky baby
water baby
juice baby (really, if Kennedy is holding something in her hand--it becomes a pet name...)
Charlie
Char
sweetheart
pretty girl
chubba wubba
chubba wubba fubba tubba lubba
charlotte warlotte
little worm (Charlotte crawls now--all over the house--she started a couple of weeks ago.  Yes, 5                    months old--why do my kids have so much energy!)
roly poly (this name was created when Charlotte started rolling over--at around 2 1/2 months...)

Then there are the five colds this poor girl has suffered through in her short life.  All thanks to the hot humid breath of her older sister, I'm sure.  There are so many kisses in a day--and long drawn out "hhhhiiiiii!" 's right in her face.

You get the point.  LOTS of love :)  It's a good thing.

post signature

12 comments:

Melissa said...

You are amazing!! Those are awesome pictures. They look sooo cute, and those dresses... Wow!! I wish I were as talented as you. Kennedy is such a good big sis. How would it be to have kids that love each other? You are the best Mom :)

Emily Fotheringham said...

So Cute!!

lindsey v said...

Such cute fabric! And I love all the nicknames.

Kimalee said...

I love the fabric that is so cute.

dream quilt create said...

I was just scrolling through my blogs and lo and behold, I saw Kennedy's beautiful picture. She is so pretty and photogenic! The dresses are beautiful on them, and love their hairbows and matching tights. The pictures are great, and so was the narration :) I'm still smiling....you know me!

dream quilt create said...

I was just scrolling through my blogs and lo and behold, I saw Kennedy's beautiful picture. She is so pretty and photogenic! The dresses are beautiful on them, and love their hairbows and matching tights. The pictures are great, and so was the narration :) I'm still smiling....you know me!

Auntie Lolo said...

What 'gorgeous gals' you have!! I can't believe how big they both are and those dresses are amazing! Love the fabric!!

P.S. The front porch looks awesome.

Naoma said...

Cute pictures Linds!! Those dresses are sooooo cute, can I just have your talents please!! =)

Lindz said...

How fun to have 2 girls....I can't believe Charlotte is already 6 months!! And those dresses are so adorable....you are so talented....you need to make and sell your cute things....I would totally buy that dress from you!! :)

The Kohler Family said...

6 months??? Wow! I loooovee the dresses! They look super cute on your girls and the pictures are amazing!

The Vargas Family said...

I am dying!! the girls are darling, the dresses are darling, the pictures are darling...You are so talented!

sinika said...

The dresses are too cute for words! I love the pics too- they look professional. :)