Monday, January 19, 2009

My 100th post!

funny story--the other day I went grocery shopping (saved 75% on my groceries!)--now we have enough cereal and oatmeal to last until Bridger goes off to college--but anyway... Notice how happy and healthy Bridger looks? Well, looks can be decieving--as soon as we got in the car (groceries loaded in the backseat, since the trunk was already full)--Bridger decided that his stomach hurt ("Don't worry Mom, nothing to worry about" he says) Then, he threw up...4 times....in my car....and all over the groceries....Wow....
Yeah, I was shocked, no one said a word or even blinked for the rest of the ride home. Don't worry, everything was cleaned and salvaged, but I almost lost my stomach too... Funny, right?




Moving on.....last weekend we went over to my sister, Rebecca's for games and food. She is such a gourmet cook--we had red pepper hummus, little potatoes with citrus sourcream and caviar, goat cheese stuffed cherry tomatoes and cabbage leaves with blue cheese, pecans and apple slices--don't know the real names for any of those things but they were really good!
We had to leave early (to go get our kids) but I won (in case you were wondering..)
Okay, fine--I really didn't win. But I could have--If we would have stayed longer.... :)










On Saturday we went to go check on the status of our house (only 4 more weeks...yikes!) and went to visit our good friend duck. Or goose, maybe. He lives out on the lake, all by himself. But when we walk out of our car, he waddles as fast as he can to find us. Yes, he loves us. Some might say that he loves the grilled cheese we fed him, but I know that he really loves us.....







Here's Bridger and the goose--Bridger has learned to throw the bread quickly--since he was bitten by a duck last summer for being too slow (ask him sometime, he loves telling that story!)





Kennedy loved the goose too--as long as it didn't come near her--I don't blame her, the thing is bigger than she is!








And we were there with cousins, Jordan and Madison, they are so fun and cute!





Apparently, someone has lost their pet cockroach. He goes by the name of 'Fluffy'. . . . anyone??























You ask a kid to smile.....










And here is our house--porta-potty and all. We are getting excited!






15 comments:

Naoma said...

The picture of your house doesn't do it justice... It is sooo fun! I am so sorry that bridger threw up all over the car and groceries, yuck! Yeah he did look fine but looks are decieveing I guess! And seriously I think I should give you money and you can go grocery shopping for me! =)
Yes we should play again soon!

loven it! said...

LOVE the new house!! i can't wait to go see it in person!! wow! what a story about bridger throwing up in the car! one day i was at the store with sarah and she turned green while we were there so i happen to buy a big bowl on clearence for a dollar and it was a good thing because she threw up in it in the car ride home.

dream quilt create said...

The house looks really pretty. I like the color. I sure miss Bridger and Kennedy.....Rebecca's food looks as good as it sounds, and Bridger threw up in whose car????hmmmmmm........

Auntie Lolo said...

Your grocery shopping makes me angry, quit posting about it. :) I still can't believe Bridger threw up 4 times. Poor kid. Rebecca is REDICULOUS!! All that gourmet food to play games?? I am very impressed. That duck/goose is GI-NORMOUS and scares me frankly. Your children are brave. Your house looks AMAZING and I say you keep the port a potty.

rachel said...

Now I need to see the house in real life, cause it looks amazing! I agree, keep the portapotty. Those gross constructions guys have made it really nice I am sure! HOw do I get invited to your sister's game night?

Becky said...

The throw up thing is hilarious and so sad. I HATE cleaning up throw up but especially getting it out of the car. What a nightmare. Your house is looking great, what are you going to do about your current house?

lindsey v said...

I can't believe someone lost that huge cockroach! Hopefully it doesn't breed and take over Utah.

The Kohler Family said...

That pet cockroach is just about the most disgusting thing I have ever seen!! UGH!!! My skin is crawling just thinking about it! Your new house does look beautiful...I think I need to see the inside as well! :)

Lindz said...

Your house is adorable! I'm so excited for you guys! Any luck on selling your house yet?? What will you do if you don't sell?

Emily Fotheringham said...

I love the style of your new house! I really want a window alcove like you have on the side. The goose is just so happy to have such a nice family moving in.

Jordan said...

Too bad you couldn't stay just 6 more minutes, and the game would have ended, I hate leaving loose ends, but the four remaining players radomly divided your cards, which enabled me to win the next turn... Thanks!!

Rachel said...

Your house looks great! I hope all goes well. Oh, and I think I saw Fluffy just outside my apartment the other day . . .

Kate said...

I LOVE your house! I want to come see it. And how are you doing your grocery shopping? The throw up- I am sorry! That is horrible.

critts said...

Who keeps a cockroach as a pet?! I am so impressed that you saved so much on your groceries! Amazing. And I love the new house. How fun!!! I hope sweet Bridger is feeling better.

Emilee said...

looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see it.