Monday, August 23, 2010

Fashion Show

It's that time of year again!  Well, we've never actually experienced "that" time of year before--so this is a new and exciting experience for us.  We started off the new (and first!) school year with a back to school fashion show.  The kids were so excited!  We had Jer's family (Grandma and Grandpa, Joel and Emilee, Madison Hudson and Jen) over and it was a blast.  First we made pizza's, which were delicious, but it took entirely too long according to the kids :) They wanted to move forward with the festivities!
Here is our beautiful niece, Madison, showing off her stylish ensembles for school.  Jer was the MC and did a great job introducing each "outfit".  And cute Madison looked like a rock star!  I especially loved all of her poses for the camera!
Then it was Bridger's turn--Madison was upstairs giving them direction, and Bridger was getting a little bit nervous!  But, after the first round, he ran back upstairs and said: "That was awesome!  At first I was beginning to feel a little stage-frighted, but I'm not scared anymore!"  After that, we got a little break dance at the beginning of each cat walk.  Towards the end, the light saber was being thrown around...in typical Bridger fashion.  Oh, and can you tell which shirts I bought for him and which ones he picked out himself?  He loves that shark shirt, the tsunami shirt and his star wars shirts like he has never loved a shirt before!  (Sigh), if only I had complete control forever! :)
And then there was Kennedy.  She is starting a little preschool this year, we didn't really buy her school clothes, but she had plenty to wear!  First, she modeled some new church dresses, then it was onto the dress up clothes.  I didn't influence anything she put on--I only did the buttons.  In the end, we had a princess, a ballerina and a girl getting married (see Bridger proposing to her?).  She could have done this all night long!  There was always a wand, a purse, a crown, sometimes flowers, jewelry, or her pink backpack---what a girl!
Here's our cute cousin, Hudson.  I'm sure next year he'll have something to show off!
And Charlotte, she is growing so fast!  More pics of her coming soon.  She deserves her own post :)
We will be making this a yearly tradition--the kids had so much fun!  After the show, we finished with rootbeer floats.  And since Hudson has a little big crush on Kennedy, they shared :)
post signature

1 comment:

Auntie Lolo said...

I love this post! Everyone looks great in their clothes! Aren't you glad I had such a good idea to do this? ;) Wish I could have been there!