Tuesday, August 24, 2010

He's just a baby!!!

Oh Bridger, my Bridger!  He's at school right now.  It's his first day of Kindergarten--or the rest of his life!  He looked so cute today.  He was so excited to wear that shirt with those flame shoes--which he had been asking for for months! 
This morning, he cleaned his room, took a bath, got dressed, ate breakfast, helped me teach Kennedy's preschool, ate lunch, brushed his teeth and made sure he had everything in his backpack.  He has always been such a great helper and a great brother.  I know, he's only gone for 3 hours a day.  It's not that big of a deal!  But I'll still miss him.  I always miss my kids when they're gone (which isn't too often :) )  Why is that?  Sometimes I want them to leave--and as soon as they do I want them back again!





Jeremy came home for lunch today and we all walked to school together to drop Bridger off.  His teacher had given him some magic confetti to sleep with last night--and it worked like a charm!  It's supposed to calm the excitement of the night before school.  Let's just say that he slept in until 9:00 this morning!  I'm thinking we might do the magic confetti a little more often...



As we were walking to school, his pace got slower and slower and slower until finally we kicked Kennedy out of the stroller and let him ride instead.  I could tell all that excitement was starting to take its toll--it always does with him.  This is how he is on Christmas too (when he finally gets to see his presents he's too embarrassed to look!).







But we made it--to his Kindergarten playground--he met three of his friends, but wouldn't talk to them :)  Kennedy on the other hand, found a few friends and went off to play.  I bet I could have left her there and no one would have noticed that she's only three!





When the bell rang, he walked into class and they slammed the door on my heart.  Okay, I know I'm being so dramatic.  It wasn't really that bad. :)



And on the way home, Kennedy fell asleep in the stroller--she wasn't buckled in and she almost fell on the ground.  I carried her the rest of the way home.  Now, both girls are sound asleep.  Hmmm...maybe I can get used to this :)

p.s. I know, she's wearing snow boots with frilly socks in August.  I have no control over her wardrobe sometimes! 

post signature

10 comments:

sinika said...

Is Bridger wearing his backpack while he's eating lunch? (Love it!)

Elena said...

Awwwww. They grow up so fast. I remember the race to get them out of our tummies. Jake's kindergarten starts next Wednesday and he's so excited.

Auntie Lolo said...

Oh, it's breaking my heart!! He looks so big and grown up and I don't like it. :( I am so proud of him for being so brave! He looks so cute and I love his shoes!

dream quilt create said...

What a special story....you'll never get this day back again, ever. But you've immortalized it with photos and journaling. Beautiful kids and great parents.

Naoma said...

Man, you are making it harder for me when I send Tommy next week! He is such a great kid and I am so glad that we have been able to get to know him.

Emilee said...

Wow Briger is getting to be BIG! Tell him that I said hi

Madi

Melissa said...

Such a cute post! I can not believe that he is already in Kindergarten. That is so crazy! He is such a stylin guy :). Love the flame shoes.

Lindz said...

Bridger looks so big in these pics! I am sure you will get used to the quiet time if you can get both girls to nap while he is gone!! :)

Lori Holt said...

What a great day!
And hard day too....for you.
I'm such a baby...I cried at the kindergarten door when all 3 of my kids went...especially Kass because she is my baby!
Of course I hid my tears from them behind sunglasses...I'm tricky that way!
xx
lori

Pony Express PTA said...

how did you do on the first day?? what a cutie!! k so i have to laugh... i got ian those same flame shoes and sarah has the very same backpack as miss kennedy! isn't that funny!! and i so still want you to redue my blog in all your spare time!! i will pay you!!! let's do lunch here in a week!! i am working on the cutest baby quilt i gotta show you! this is leigh by the way... for some reason i am logged into the elem. blog.