Thursday, December 23, 2010

The first Christmas Party



Last Saturday we celebrated Christmas with Jeremy's family.  We always do this the week before Christmas, since everyone gets so busy.  It's been really nice to break it up this way.

There are a few things that make a 'party' a 'really good party' for me.  First thing I notice?  Decorations.  And boy does Jeremy's mom know how to decorate!  I should do a video tour of her home sometime.  Better yet, I should just schedule a real home tour--she would love that :)

Isn't her tree gorgeous??



And I have a thing for deer.  I really want/need some.  I don't know why, I just do.  Except, the deer I want would have little white spots on their backs...


Silver bells and candy canes--I'll take some of those too!


The second thing a party needs is gifts!  And there were a ton of gifts!  I know not every party throughout the year has presents, but I think we should change that :)

 

And food.  What purpose is there in life without food?!?  Yes, we start with dessert first at this party :)  There was coconut bread, poor man's cake, fruit cake, poppy seed bread, candy, chocolate covered pretzels, toffee, caramels, cookies and more!



We had appetizers galore and then finished off the meal with lasagna and stuffed shells.  Why do we have to get full?  It's a curse!



Even Charlotte got in on the action.  I caught Hudson feeding her her first cookie!  It was a bonding experience for them :)  She loved it!


Another thing a party needs is purpose--there were a lot of reasons for us to get together, but remembering the birth of Jesus Christ was a big part.  We re-enacted the nativity.  While Jeremy read, Kennedy played the part of Mary, Hudson was Joseph, Bridger was a shepherd and Madison was the angel with the star.  It was so sweet!


Kennedy's holding that baby a little possessively don't you think???  I think she wanted to make sure that "Joseph" didn't get his hands on him :)


I wondered if Charlotte would participate this year in the nativity, turns out she just wanted to eat bread sticks all night!


After that, we played a game.  Every party needs games!  It was our ornament exchange and it was a lot of fun.  


Are you wishing you were at this party yet?  Well, to top it all off, we each get to take home a dish filled with all of those desserts I showed you earlier!  And a tin full of toffee.  Yes, we are very spoiled :)





The kids all got the most beautiful presents and they made sure to say 'thank-you' after each one.  (thank goodness!  We only rehearsed it at home for a good hour...)


My brown eyed girl.


The kids showing off their new pajamas.


Jeremy's sister Jen wasn't able to make it this year--we really missed her!  She is so fun to be around :)  But she sent over her gifts and I thought just the wrapping was adorable!  She always decorates her bags for the person she's giving too.  Cute, huh?


I made Hudson this little car carrier--I think he likes cars :)


And for Madison, I made a quilt.


We even exchange presents for our pets :)  Scout was very appreciative :)



Before the party was over, we watched Mr. Kreuger's Christmas and the Nativity.  It was a wonderful end to a wonderful party.  Merry Christmas!

post signature

2 comments:

sinika said...

Um- I would pay to go to that Christmas party! How fun! And beautiful. And DELICIOUS!

The Kohler Family said...

I would pay to have my house decorated like that! Where does everyone find such cute decor? I need to find me a cheap place, haha! ...and I really want to pay you to make Finn one of those car holders. He LOVES cars, and well, I dont sew! :)