I feel like the queen of the grocery store right now. After clipping coupons (for two hours...) I headed out to the grocery store (2 in fact) with Bridger and Kennedy in tow and ended up saving over 60% on my grocery bill. I was so proud of myself! I even got quite a few items for free. For example, I had a coupon for a free box of Activia Cereal with purchase of Activia yogurt. Well, I also had a coupon for $1 off the cereal (which was free to begin with) and then when I got to the store, the yogurt was on sale for a dollar, so in essence, with my coupon I got the yogurt for free too!
I just love a good deal, I am definetly one of those people that will buy something on clearance just becuase it is a good deal...The other free items I got:
2 packs of yogurt
2 boxes of cereal
5 bars of deoderant
2 boxes of chocolate ice cream bars
3 boxes of Quaker granola bars
2 packages of Keebler cookies
1 box of baby food rice cereal
1 mustard
1 caesar salad dressing
I also hit a sale at Albertsons, they were restocking their shelves in the diary and juice so I got a lot of chocolate milk and juices for only .50 each! I was so excited.
I haven't used my coupons in such a long time, that I was glad this trip made up for all my missed weeks. I saved $44 just in coupons--it was such a happy moment!
Poor Kennedy, I just had to take her picture, she was mad and ready to get out (but it's just the fake cry, hopefully I didn't torture her that badly) and Bridger, well, he was smiling because whenever we go to the grocery store he gets a cookie from the bakery and he gets to ride in the truck cart, so he loves those trips (thank goodness!)






4 comments:
Wow, I can't believe that you got ALL of that stuff for free...I think I need to start using coupons!! And the pic of Kennedy is so funny...and great idea about letting Bridger get a cookie in the bakery...I think I need to start using that one on Ayden! =)
Holy Groceries! Where do you put all that stuff?..Good for you clipping coupons, I think I need to start doing the same. And Kudos to you for going to two stores with your kids! I can't even contain my girls when I go to one store!
I love nothing more than hearing your grocery reports and how much you got for free. It frankly inspires me. I am glad you finally put on in writing!! And that is such a cute picture of Bridger. I love his hair like that!!
Congrats! Did you get a good deal on the cat on the table?
Post a Comment