Yesterday was Kennedy's first birthday! I can't believe how fast it has gone--it was fun to celebrate her birthday here, but a little sad that Bridger couldn't be here to help her blow out her candle. She was all decked out in her birthday dress and was super excited to see that little cake sitting in front of her. She's never eaten anything like that before, but she knew it was going to be good.She started out slow--but after her first taste she really got into it and went full speed ahead! It was so funny to watch her, she tried to lick every speck of frosting off of each of
her fingers!

Here she is in her birthday glasses--Grammy even bought her mini bananas (she LOVES bananas!)--she was so excited!What a mess! Later that evening, we went to dinner with my Great Uncle Wilf and his wife Veronica (my Grampy's brother...) we ate at the Charlottetown Hotel--it was so pretty inside and the food was great! They make great company (and it was funny that Uncle Wilf kept his napkin on his chest through dinner)--Kennedy kept us entertained with her little tricks said "hi!" to anyone who glanced her way!

After dinner, we went to the race track--I have never been to a horse race before so it was fun to see everything in action.

Kennedy enjoyed watching the horses but she was getting so tired!
Tonight we had the opportunity to go with grammy to a party with her friends and some of PEI's most elite. :) Even George was there! (George is one of Grammy's admirers--I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times he asked her out in one night. Unfortunately for him, Grammy doesn't share the same feelings and had to politely decline or change the subject each time...:) )--Oh, Grammy--"you're so beautiful but you're so cold!" (at least that's what George says...) There was a ton of great food and strawberry shortcake for dessert--Sean was great to babysit again--what a great brother! 
We also visited my Grampy's
grave site--he died when I was only 2 years old, but I stillremember playing with his glasses and pipe and the smell of the flavored tobacco he used.
Here is a picture of us with Grammy's brother--John MacDonald and his wife Mary and their son Leslie. We went to church with them today--to the Mermaid Church (Presbyterian)--it's this cute little white chapel and little cemetary with an ocean front view. All of Grammy's relatives are buried there--it was so great to see all of my ancestors (or at least their stones...) and in such beautiful scenery!





4 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing everything! I feel like I've gone on a little trip myself through your blog. I love all the Irish names in your family, and wish I could have seen George asking Grammy out!!
What a fun trip. I'm so glad that your mom gets to return home. I've loved all your food experiences.
Thanks for sharing!
It sounds like you are having such a great time there! I love to see all of your pictures! Happy birthday to Kennedy! Can't believe she is one!
so, can i go with you next time?? we could pass for sisters right? i'd be the shorter one...
Post a Comment